Rising Need for Addiction Help in Shanghai
Addiction Help in Shanghai is needed as the evidence of rising prosperity is to be seen all over Shanghai, and the amount of change that has occurred in the city since the 1980s is truly breath-taking. Modernity has meant an improved standard of living for many Chinese, but increased affluence has also meant a significant rise in recreational drug abuse.
“There are almost 3 million drug users registered with the Chinese government”
There are almost 3 million drug users registered with the Chinese government, and this is only the tip of the iceberg. The majority of substances abusers are to be found in the large urban areas like Shanghai – there cities all have areas with a reputation as the place to go for those who are looking to buy illegal drugs (even though the penalties for being caught are harsh). The most commonly abused recreational drugs include alcohol, methamphetamine, cannabis, heroin, opium, and prescription medication.
Addiction Help in Shanghai is a problem because there tends to be a highly negative attitude towards drug abuse in China. Even though addiction is considered a type of illness by the World Health Organisation, research indicates that it is not viewed this way by most Chinese doctors. This means that those who go looking for addiction help in Shanghai can feel judged and stigmatised – it is often for this reason that many of them decide to go abroad for the treatment they need.
Addiction Help in Shanghai
• Shanghai Drug Abuse Treatment Center (department of Shanghai Mental Health Center)
• Alcoholics Anonymous Shanghai
• Narcotics Anonymous Shanghai
Are You Not Finding Appropriate Addiction Help in Shanghai?
Even though Shanghai has become one of the most modern cities in the world, it is still way behind when it comes to addiction services. Things seem to be improving, but it may be difficult for you to find appropriate addiction help in Shanghai. If this is the case, your best option may be to go abroad for help.
“There are some good reasons to choose addiction help outside of China”
• Going abroad means nobody at home needs to know you are getting treatment for addiction – this may be important if you are worried that such information could damage your career/reputation
• You will have far more choice about which type of program to enter – the options in China are severely limited
• Going abroad will mean you are away from the familiar temptations and triggers of your addiction during the first delicate weeks of your recovery
• Going abroad probably means giving yourself the best chance of recovery
If you do decide to look for addiction help beyond Shanghai, we would like you to consider coming to us at Hope Rehab Thailand. Our international standard facility attracts clients from all over the globe – our program utilises the best evidence-based approaches including mindfulness therapy, CBT, wellness therapy, and 12 step work.
It may be hard for you or your loved one to break free of addiction without some type of professional input. If you are unable to find this addiction help in Shanghai, contact us at Hope Rehab Thailand for an alternative.